Washroom Installation Engineer
The role will interact on site with client engineers, management, and cleaners. In addition, there will be some interaction with manufacturers, suppliers and contractors.
The role requires frequent travel to attend client sites and will involve regular staying away from home.
Comprehensive product training will be provided and the successful applicant will join the Sustainable Washroom Division, working alongside existing Washroom Install Engineers and Maintenance Technicians.
SaveMoneyCutCarbon’s focus is to support organisations in reducing their energy and water consumption and resulting carbon footprint.
The SaveMoneyCutCarbon Sustainable Washroom Division carries out all commercial washroom upgrades, helping businesses make their washrooms more efficient and environmentally friendly. We upgrade washrooms with the best sustainable products, delivering savings and improving the customer experience.
The Sustainable Washroom Division has strong relationships with sanitaryware suppliers and operates under contract with some manufacturers to install and maintain their products across the UK to high professional standards.
What we are looking for
- Candidate should have experience in commercial plumbing work and be able to demonstrate this
- Experience in installing water efficient products (or related industry) such as taps, showers, toilets and urinals is preferable
- Experience in energy and water saving / sustainability projects will be desirable
- Relevant technical qualifications will be considered
- Knowledge of plumbing and drain systems – experience is desirable
- The ability to problem – solve and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s workload effectively
- Demonstrate initiate to get results and achieve a ‘first fix’
- High level of professionalism when dealing with clients
- Flexible attitude in terms of managing change and altering the scope of work
- Experience in managing contractors and site supervision is desirable
- Prepared to undertake frequent day travel to sites
- Prepared to have regular overnight stays / working away from home
- To survey sites and plan and price up install jobs
- To carry out the installation of various washroom appliances
- To support the Maintenance Team with carrying out maintenance visits to client sites
- The deliver project and maintenance outcomes aligned to SaveMoneyCutCarbon performance standards, and aligned to any work done under SLA for third party organisations
- To manage and supervise contractors on larger scale installations
- To produce engineer reports detailing works carried out
- To manage van stock and keep levels optimal for effective execution of site work
- To provide technical support to sales and administrative teams on selling water products occasionally
FTE hours are 37.5 hours a week within our business hours of 8am – 6pm (flexed by team and individual), Monday to Friday. However, you may have to work longer and some weekend work may be required. You will work remotely, spending most of your time at client sites. Occasional visits to the office will be required, as well as participation in team meetings, either in person or via video call.
- Company car
- Professional development training and support with furthering trade and H&S qualifications
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Travel expenses covered
Monday to Friday
- Plumbing: the candidate must have successfully completed a plumbing apprenticeship and hold as a minimum a relevant City and Guilds NVQ Level 2 Plumbing qualification.
- NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial plumbing experience
- JIB CSCS card is preferred although the business will support candidates in applying for this
- Any project management / site supervision experience is preferred
Driving License (required)