Head of Business Strategy
Semtive has developed simple, affordable and reliable energy systems that are changing the world. We are focused on renewable energy sources with a triple impact philosophy and our goal is to democratize the access to energy around the world.
We are a fast-growing company that has a global market approach with current customers all around the world.
Semtive is a firm that offers great challenges, constant change and excellent future opportunities with a sustainable mission to disrupt the way the energy is being generated, managed and traded.
Responsible to the Sales Department, the Head of Business Strategy develops and implements a commercialization strategy to set Semtive on a clear path to aggressive growth. The position is responsible for building and managing the infrastructure required to support a successful commercial launch of Semtive’s products across sales, marketing and fulfillment operations. The Head of business Strategy will drive revenue growth by working with other Executives and staff to ensure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet both its short and long-term strategic commercial objectives.
Level: Head of department
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Location: Austin, Semtive USA Headquarters & Laboratory
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday trough Friday 9:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Hours per Week: 40
Remote work: No
Outsite work: Yes, site visit installations and inspections with clients, visits to clients, outside training.
Travel required: on demand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop a commercial strategy across key market segments and geographies.
- Build profitable sales channels capable of delivering on growth objectives.
- Develop and manage an industry-leading sales team, setting goals and priorities, allocating tasks and responsibilities, coaching and supporting, monitoring performance and organizing training.
- Build an operation to efficiently deliver digital orders, provide world-class customer service, and cultivate a highly effective field operations team.
- Analyze and distill market feedback to support engineering and product development teams.
- Provide clear guidance on demand expectations across product lines based on bookings and pipeline development.
- Monitor the feedback loop between field applications engineers and the engineering team that drives improved product development.
- Financials: Assess what resources are required for different paths-to-market and present to the CEO for adoption into the company´s corporate budget and capital strategy.
- Support the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Administrate efficiently and responsibly the area ́s resources and ensure control of Biz Operation departmental budgets.
- Project Management responsibilities at executive level.
- Presenter periodic reports and project recommendations to executive level.
- Critical thinking.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Results Orientation.
- Team player.
- Project Management.
- Communication skills.
- Planning and Execution.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful and self motivated..
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Flexibility to adapt leadership and hands on style accordingly.
- Ability to make clear recommendations when presenting risk/reward trade-off at an executive level.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions have a large and immediate impact.
- Moral and ethical values.
Education and Experience
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering background or Financial degree with experience in Sales and Marketing, MBA.
10+ years of experience in business operations, management and strategic consulting, or equivalent fields, with at least 5 years in the energy industry.
Demonstrated success in strategy development, operational planning, and analytics, ideally in a company operating in a regulated industry.
This position has supervisory responsibilities as manager.
- Our benefit package includes:
- Competitive pay.
- Performance bonus plan.
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Medical, vision and dental insurance plans.
- Paid time off policy and paid holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will realize sites visit with clients, where might be exposed to working outside, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions.
Semtive is an equal opportunity employer. Our decision when hiring is not based on race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age or any other basis. We believe that diversity and inclusion can bring out the best in our workforce.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.