Supply Chain Analyst
Semtive is dedicated to renewable energy systems for decentralized energy generation.
We are a clean energy company that manufactures small-scale vertical axis wind turbines and
energy management devices for decentralized energy generation. The company was born in
Argentina and moved its HQ to USA, in 2016 to develop global markets.
Semtive is a fast-growing firm that offers great challenges, constant change and excellent
future opportunities with a sustainable mission to disrupt the way the energy is being
generated, managed and traded.
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible to improve our Supply Chain operations and continue
to scale up our organization. Ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, eager to
succeed, and comfortable working in a fast pace environment.
The position performs inventory management for incoming and outgoing company products
and parts necessary to the company.
Overall, this position contributes to analyzing current processes and manages inventory
through database and maintain levels required on a daily basis to meet distribution demands,
as well, suggest improvements in order to meet the company´s demand, reducing costs and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: COO
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Austin, Semtive Headquarters
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday through Friday 9:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Hours per Week: 40
Remote work: No
Outsite work: Yes, visits to vendors, outside training.
Travel required: Minimum
- Establish, coordinate and follow-up with suppliers/vendors (both domestic and foreign)
materials according to the business’ needs.
- Proactively prevent or resolve any supplier/vendor issues.
- Coordinate and follow-up on production through our CMs.
- Coordinate supplier technical issues with engineering and track each through resolution.
- Effectively resolve all inventory discrepancies.
- Create processes and methods to collect and analyze supply chain data.
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest, manage and incorporate
- Recommend improvements to boost performance and reduce costs.
- Coordinate with other professionals to implement changes and new systems.
- Assist in resolving operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or
unexpected cost increases.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route
- Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery).
- Oversee inventory procedures.
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules.
- Evaluate supplier/vendor operations (e.g. freight forwarders) according to quality
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners and vendors.
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems.
- Develop and track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Assist in supplier/vendor development.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and BOMs.
- Completes incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificate of conformance and
reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation.
- Notifies and/or delivers incoming product to end user.
- Completes daily receiving entries in computer system. Distributes to purchasing office for
- Manages raw material and critical supply inventories, including maintenance and cleaning
of inventory area, inventory organization and racking, inventory cycle counting and
reporting, monthly inventory accounting. Actual physical counts of raw material and tag
- Responsible for managing all outbound shipments, including preparation of sequentially
numbered paper work in software accounting system, management of packaging
materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of
- Develop, plan and coordinate worldwide logistics needs of company.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Team player and individual contributor.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Results oriented.
- Analytical skills.
- Accounting Basics.
- Proactive, self-driven, resourceful and self motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Supply chain management experience.
- Mid-high volume manufacturing/fabrication experience.
- Inventory management.
- Mathematical skills.
- Experience analyzing business improvement.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Data analysis.
Education and experience
- 2 – 5 years job experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and customer service experience and experience
in identifying and delivering process change.
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management).
- Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP).
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- BSc/BA in Logistics, Business Analytics, or a related field.