Semtive is dedicated to renewable energy systems for decentralized energy generation.
We are a clean energy company that manufactures small-scale vertical axis wind turbines and
energy management devices for decentralized energy generation. The company was born in
Argentina and moved its HQ to USA, in 2016 to develop global markets.
Semtive is a fast growing firm that offers great challenges, constant change and excellent future opportunities
with a sustainable mission to disrupt the way the energy is being generated, managed and
Responsible to the Engineering Manager, the mechanical engineer position designs and
analyzes product applications. The position is responsible for performing activities for the
design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects as assigned
by the Engineering Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Level: Junior – Intermediate
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Austin, Semtive USA Headquarters & Research Center
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday through Friday 9:00 to 6:00 PM
Hours per Week: 40
Remote work: No
Outside work: Yes, site visit installations and inspections with clients, visits to vendors, outside
Travel required: Minimum
- Performs engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives and involves
conventional types of plans and specifications. Work is reviewed for the application of
sound professional judgment.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Identify and address design parameters and engineering problems, and ensure solutions
are implemented accurately and in budget.
- Assist Manager on coordinating and following-up of production through our CM.
- Ability to work with R&D third parties.
- Performs design calculations and prepares equipment or material specifications.
- Ability to perform designs using relevant design software.
- Availability: Travel as required to support projects.
- Design or redesign mechanical parts of our systems.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA) concepts.
- Capable of critical thinking, long term system planning, design and analysis to ensure
success of projects.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design
including FEA and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics).
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Critical thinking.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills, including deep understanding of stress calculations and lifetime
- Strong understanding of structural design.
- Results Oriented
- Team player.
- Proactive, resourceful and self-motivated with good communication skills and ability to
work in a fast-paced environment.
- Safety awareness and compliance procedures.
Education and Experience
- Have a work permit in USA.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 1 – 5 years related job experience.
- Proficient knowledge of CAD software, including SolidWorks 3D and Simulation.
- Experience in product design and analysis.
- Knowledge in multiple manufacturing methods including: CNC, welding, extrusions,