Head of Finance
Semtive has developed simple, affordable and reliable energy systems that are changing the world. We
are focused on renewable energy sources with a triple impact philosophy and our goal is to democratize
the access to energy around the world.
We are a fast-growing company that has a global market approach with current customers all around the
Semtive is a firm that offers great challenges, constant change and excellent future opportunities with a
sustainable mission to disrupt the way the energy is being generated, managed and traded
Responsible to the Finance Department, the Head of Finance has the main responsibility to oversee the
financial activities of the company. This position will be accountable for accurate reporting of financial
results and managing the company’s financial affairs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Location: Austin, Semtive USA Headquarters & Research Center
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday trough Friday 9:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Hours per Week: 40
Remote work: No
Outsite work: Yes, site visit installations and inspections with clients, visits to clients, outside training.
Travel required: on demand.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Conduct risk management.
- Conduct company bookkeeping.
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows.
- Prepare executive level financial reports (P&L, cash-flow, balance-sheets, etc.,).
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Project Management responsibilities at executive level.
- Present periodic financial reports to executive level.
- Create company policies for financial health.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with the external tax
firm for specialist advice.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, payroll, financial and management
- Critical thinking.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Project Management.
- Communication skills.
- Planning and Execution.
- Proactive, resourceful and self-motivated.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record.
- Ability to make clear recommendations when presenting risk/reward trade-off at an executive level.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions have a large and
- Moral and ethical values.
Education and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Proficient in accounting and financial software tools management.