Welcome to Shortlist! We’re building a better way to hire, combining the best of tech, data, and human touch to provide executive search and talent technology services across Africa, India, and 20+ countries globally. We have two primary business lines: We offer executive search services to help clients find and hire senior managers and C-suite executives, and an innovative tech-based "Talent Drive" offer to power large-scale recruitment campaigns (campus hiring, internship programs, etc.) for volume hiring, using our in-house recruitment tech platform. Shortlist launched in 2015 in India and 2016 in Kenya, and to date we have worked with 700+ companies, engaged with over 1,500,000+ professionals, and made 3,000+ placements.
We believe in the power of great teams to change the world, and have a significant focus on working with employers across the social impact and philanthropic sector, including dozens of leading social enterprises, NGOs, and foundations. This emerges from the founding team’s longstanding careers in social enterprise and impact investing, and is embodied in our founding and unwavering mission to “unlock professional potential.” We are also a values-driven culture, which you can read more about here, here and here.
We are growing quickly in India and across Africa, and we’re now looking for exceptional leaders to grow our executive search practice, with big upside and rewards for success.
What you’ll do
Both Associate Partners and Partners will focus on the following activities. Partners have a greater level of responsibility and autonomy, as well as a greater focus on business development, compared to the Associate Partner.
- Business Development: Develop and engage a pipeline of prospective clients with growing senior recruitment needs. You’ll use your networks, referral sources, participation at events, research, and other creative methods to build a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients and ensure Shortlist is their first call when they need to grow their senior teams.
- Search Execution: With support from a team of recruiters, you’ll work directly to understand client needs, develop research-driven “market maps” of high potential candidates, engage and screen the most promising ones, and present them to our clients.
- Client management: Engage and manage existing client relationships, including advising as to organization structure and role scoping, understanding their future hiring needs, monitoring the performance of placed candidates, and generally ensuring outstanding client experiences.
- Thought leadership: Support the development of research reports and author articles on key trends affecting leadership hiring across emerging markets.
- Team Leadership: Help unlock the professional potential of our team by helping hire superstars, leading by example, living our values, and help make Shortlist an incredible place to work and build a career.
Who you are
- A strong relationship builder who is deeply curious and loves to learn, with a deep network within the business community in Kenya and/or India.
- Exposure to a broad range of business contexts and role types that would fuel your ability to offer textured guidance to clients on how to shape roles, identify likely talent pools, and make trade-offs in candidate recommendations.
- Experienced manager who’s used to toggling between strategic decision-making and ground level “roll-up-your-sleeves” execution.
- Track record of delivering results and doing what it takes to achieve targets.
- Significant experience with hiring and talent issues (ideally as a search consultant but possibly through other managerial, consulting, or HR experience) and a passion for connecting talent with opportunity.
- Likely 10-15+ years of professional experience, though we don’t believe age dictates ability to contribute.
- Aligned with our values, but also eager to be a culture add rather than just a culture fit; diversity of all kinds welcome.
- Excited to be based in Kenya, India, and possibly other markets in Africa or Europe.