Welcome to Shortlist! We’re building a better way to hire, combining the best of tech, data, and human touch to provide executive search and talent technology services across Africa, India, and 20+ countries globally. We have two primary business lines: We offer executive search services to help clients find and hire senior managers and C-suite executives, and an innovative tech-based "Talent Drive" offer to power large-scale recruitment campaigns (campus hiring, internship programs, etc.) for volume hiring, using our in-house recruitment tech platform. Shortlist launched in 2015 in India and 2016 in Kenya, and to date we have worked with 700+ companies, engaged with over 1,500,000+ professionals, and made 3,000+ placements.
We believe in the power of great teams to change the world, and have a significant focus on working with employers across the social impact and philanthropic sector, including dozens of leading social enterprises, NGOs, and foundations. This emerges from the founding team’s longstanding careers in social enterprise and impact investing, and is embodied in our founding and unwavering mission to “unlock professional potential.” We are also a values-driven culture, which you can read more about here, here and here.
We are growing quickly in India and across Africa, and we’re now looking for exceptional leaders to grow our executive search practice, with big upside and rewards for success.
What you’ll do
Principal Consultants are the front line of our executive search work: independently executing critical senior searches for our clients, including the whole process of client understanding, market mapping and sourcing, candidate cultivation, and presentation of a shortlist to clients for interviews -- and of course acting as a trusted advisor through to offer and acceptance. You will learn
- Lead and deliver on searches: You will be responsible for independently leading and executing a number of searches at any time, sometimes with support and partnership from Talent Consultants/Analysts. The roles you work on will be mid to senior level in nature, and with a significant concentration on either commercial or technical roles (depending on your expertise) with our range of start-up, NGO, and commercial enterprise clients.
- Client success and key accounts: You will be responsible for ensuring consistently high service delivery as well as delivering superlative client experience. The most successful PCs will also play a lead role in cultivating a “trusted advisor” status that leads to repeat work and perhaps other work or relationships with Shortlist, and leveraging their networks to open up new client relationships.
- Improving operational processes: As an integral part of a start-up, you would be expected to spend time on improving existing processes and systems as we scale up and work with cross-functional teams such as product, tech, data quality, and customer support teams to contribute to the overall growth of the organisation.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience with recruitment and/or hiring senior-level talent.
- You have experience in managing and interacting with clients directly, including global clients.
- You are an excellent communicator in both verbal and written English, French, and/or other local languages.
- Aligned with our values, but also eager to be a culture add rather than just a culture fit; diversity of all kinds welcome.
- Excited to be based in Kenya, India, and possibly other markets in Africa or Europe.