Carbon and Impact Associate | India | Pune
Sistema.bio, creating value from waste.
Sistema.bio believes that the transition to renewable energy, reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions and adoption of regenerative farming are critical to ensure a thriving world for today and for generations to come.
We advocate for a world in which waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. Smallholder farmers produce over 80% of our food: our technology and services help them be more sustainable, productive and healthy.
We are a leading global social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa. We provide farmers with financing to access waste-to-energy technology that is easy to install and maintain, includes great after-sales service and a 10 year relationship with every farmer.
We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. Our products are unique for their simplicity of use, durability and quality.
With a team of about 500 people worldwide, we have reached tens of thousands of farms in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer, and we are growing fast. We are on a mission to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions and transform food systems!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, United Nations SDG 7 leader. Sistema.bio is a certified BCorp and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Your mission at Sistema.bio:
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the main responsibility of this position is to serve as the primary contact for carbon-related matters in India. This involves working closely with both the Global Carbon and Impact team and the India Technical Operations team to expand the company's initiatives related to climate change and its effects. This also includes managing projects that involve carbon and impact-oriented financing, particularly focused on achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) such as 3, 5, 7, and 13, among others.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Impact Reporting: Monitoring and tracking implementation progress on existing carbon projects, identifying reporting needs by project and generating reports for clients, funders, and carbon certifiers regularly as needed.
- Carbon Registration Project Management: Working with the Global Carbon and Impact team on all requirements needed to comply with registering, certifying and monitoring projects under Gold Standard or other carbon registries.
- Technical Support: Providing technical support to the Commercial and Technical Operations teams on Emissions reductions calculations and Gold Standard technical processes.
- Carbon Operations Field Support: Coordinating and being present during carbon audit site visits, developing Carbon training materials for India field teams, interacting with farmers including introductory presentations, manuals, and guides, and training field teams on proper data collection, carbon processes involving field teams, etc.
More about YOU:
Bachelors or Master's in Economics, Business Administration, Sustainability, Public Policy, Environmental Engineering.
Key Experiences & Skills:
- To be a Sustainability Sentinel: With 4+ years of impact measurement or carbon project management, knowledge of Gold standard/Verra registration, certification and monitoring processes.
- To be a Climate Crusader: Have a demonstrated passion for the climate change movement.
- To be a Carbon Trailblazer: Have Prior knowledge of carbon markets, standards and methodologies required.
- To be a Data Dynamo: Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- To be a Team Harmony Maestro: Have a demonstrated ability to contribute to a strong team culture and build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- To be a Communication Virtuoso: Possess strong professional verbal, written, visual, communication and presentation skills, holding excellent command over English.
- To be a Master of Multitasking: Must be comfortable self-managing multiple priorities concurrently, thrive in the face of change and uncertainty, and be motivated to drive projects forward.
- To be a Wizard of MS: Proficient in the use of MS office is required.
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
- Global company: At Sistema.bio, you get exposure to working with 3 continents and diverse cultures and people. It's the opportunity to build an international career and grow as an individual!
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Learning about agroecology and small and medium-scale farmers: We make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely learn about farming and agroecology in general and its importance.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
- A team of Do’ers: We are a team of doers. You will get a chance to get your hands dirty and learn on the ground up because your ideas and execution matter.
Based in Pune, Maharashtra, India.
If you still need to see how we solve humanity's most important problems with a lot of passion:
- First and foremost, here is some data about how employees feel working with Sistema.bio
- Our linkedin page for team and activities updates is another good place to start
- Check our Youtube channel: you can see testimonials from customers, mini documentaries and videos of our impact
- Make sure you watch CACA, our prize-winning documentary about how what we do contributes to tackling climate change
- bio is recognised as an important player in the fight against climate change: Science warns against the need to fight climate change
- SDGs we participate in solving
- Culture and values - See more about our values here: https://sistema.bio/opportunities/ - our teams are made of diverse people who think and care about the environment, and love solving problems to grow together
- Sistema.bio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.