Product Development Engineer
Skyven Technologies is scaling game-changing thermal energy solutions for the manufacturing sector with a focus on sustainability. We work with industrial manufacturers to reduce their fuel consumption and environmental impact. We aim to reduce global GHG emissions. Skyven has built a strong pipeline of industrial projects and, as we are scaling rapidly, are at an exciting turning point in our business.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer to be a part of a project that has recently kicked off. Funded by the California Energy Commission, Skyven is developing an innovative new concentrated photovoltaic and thermal (CPVT) energy collector. This project is tackling a need the market has struggled to fill for two decades.
As part of the Skyven development team, we will look to you for innovative ideas, creative engineering solutions, sound design work and thorough testing practices. You will contribute directly to the design, prototyping, testing, and piloting of this new technology. This role will work with a team of engineers and will report to the VP of Engineering in our Richardson, TX location. Brainstorming, problem solving, and critical thinking will be key attributes to be successful at Skyven.
- Contribute independently on a cross functional team
- Create/lead test plans and provide detailed analysis of results, make testable observations
- Provide technical solutions to optical/heat transfer/PV related problems
- Prototype and perform hands-on testing in an outdoor environment
- Create thorough written test reports
- Assist with the procurement and validation of a wide variety of components
- Understand optics modeling, design and testing requirements
- Creative/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- B.S. or above in Engineering
- 5 years of working in an engineering environment
- Experience with 3D modeling and model analysis
- Optics design or testing experience
- PV experience is a plus
- 3D printing experience is a plus
- Proven ability to perform in high-visibility, high-growth environment
- Professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform testing in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Ability to adapt workflow around weather changes to utilize optimal test conditions
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign priorities
- Must be able to complete assignments despite interruptions
- Travel up to 5% of time
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Access to medical, dental, and 401k benefits
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)