Head of Sales
About the Opportunity
At Skyven Technologies, we have developed a revolutionary heat pump technology to decarbonize industrial heat. We sell this technology through an innovative Energy-as-a-Service model that saves our customers money with no capital outlay. We are hiring a Head of Sales to lead our sales efforts. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world and be well-compensated for it.
Industrial heat is responsible for roughly 20% of global CO2 emissions. That’s roughly equivalent to emissions generated by all transportation (including land, sea, and air) and is a compelling business opportunity – it will take an estimated $3.7 trillion in capital investment to decarbonize the sector by 2050. Skyven Technologies has proprietary technology, an excellent customer base, and is positioned at the cutting edge of industrial heat decarbonization.
About the Role
This Head of Sales role is for a smart, driven enterprise sales leader with a successful track record of engaging large industrial manufacturing companies and convincing them to step outside of the status quo and take action. We are looking for a player-coach in this role – someone who personally drives results and scales those results by leading a team. The candidate must build trust with multiple stakeholders. Experiences at Skyven will range from virtual presentations over videoconference, to walking a customer’s manufacturing floor with the maintenance manager, to sitting down in the customer’s board room and negotiating a contract with the CFO.
Our potential clients are some of the largest manufacturers in the game. The Head of Sales will play a key role in increasing revenue by developing and deploying sales strategies to close these large, complex deals with major manufacturing companies. The role will manage all aspects of the enterprise sales pipeline and will generate leads, qualify prospects, negotiate with clients, and most importantly, consistently close deals. The Head of Sales will report directly to the CEO.
- Create, own and execute the plan and strategy to achieve company sales goals
- Manage, mentor, and recruit/grow a sales team, while personally leading high-impact deals as appropriate
- Negotiate and close complex deals worth tens of millions of dollars each, driving stakeholder alignment across customer engineering, operations, finance, and legal departments
- Manage a wide pipeline of hundreds of deals
- Grow the pipeline through prospecting (personally as well as through the team)
- Work collaboratively with the sales engineering team to deliver technical solutions to our customers
- Work collaboratively with and provide regular sales reporting to the leadership team
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to generate sales collateral, playbooks, battlecards, buyer personas, and other sales enablement tools
- 7+ years successful enterprise sales experience, with knowledge of enterprise sales best-practice such as stakeholder mapping, and a humble confidence in speaking with stakeholders ranging from the boiler tech to the CEO
- 2+ years experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment or directly with industrial/manufacturing customers
- Proven, successful experience selling and closing complex engineering or technical solutions at enterprise level
- Excels in a high-pressure environment
- Skilled networker and negotiator
- Ability to forge relationships with senior executives and plant managers
- Punctual, persistent, and organized; obsessed with minimizing response times and not letting things slip through the cracks
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication (including presentations) skills
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
- We are a remote-first organization.
- The candidate must be located in the USA, near any major airport, and must be enthusiastic about the opportunity to travel as part of the role (25-50% travel).
- Competitive salary with bonus/commission structure ($200k - $400k OTE)
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and 401k benefits