Principal Electrical Engineer for Industrial Product Development
At Skyven Technologies, we have developed a revolutionary heat pump technology to decarbonize industrial heat. We sell this technology through an innovative Energy-as-a-Service model that saves our customers money with no capital outlay. We are hiring a Senior or Principal Electrical engineer to be part of the Product Development team. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the world and be well-compensated for it.
Industrial heat is responsible for roughly 20% of global CO2 emissions. That’s roughly equivalent to emissions generated by all transportation (including land, sea, and air) and is a compelling business opportunity – it will take an estimated $3.7 trillion in capital investment to decarbonize the sector by 2050. Skyven Technologies has proprietary technology, an excellent customer base, and is positioned at the cutting edge of industrial heat decarbonization.
About the Role
In this role, initially you’ll be transforming high-level solution architecture components and material specifications into completely detailed technical specifications for our supply chain and design engineers to perform sourcing and design activities. Then, you’ll be working alongside the rest of our experienced design engineers to create execution methods that productize the detailed engineering deliverables enabling delivery of steam generating heat pump technology to a wide range of applications in our customer pipeline. You would be joining our new product development team at the beginning of the detailed engineering phase of the product development lifecycle and would experience a high-energy environment that will rapidly progress through detailed engineering and into pre-manufacturing.
- Create preliminary components technical specifications for a variety of electrical and electromechanical components. Component scope includes but is not limited to electric motors and VFDs in the range of single hp up to 4000hp, actuators for large and small bore piping systems, control system instrumentation, flowmeters, switchgear, enclosures and 15kv class transformers.
- Finalize component and material specifications based on supplier technical feedback.
- Respond to request-for-information (RFI) from third-party suppliers and internal teams.
- Create specifications for commodity material to be used in fabrication or construction. This would include but is not limited to wires, cables, conduit, and cable trays.
- Work with the Solutions Architecture and sourcing teams to resolve technical gaps in specifications.
- Identify gaps in engineering specification plan and propose new specifications or refinements to resolve those gaps.
- Develop documentation related to specification and detailed design processes to create standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Identify and apply relevant national, state, and local electrical codes to specification and design engineering work.
- Create internal tools and methodology to enable scalable delivery for the creation of detailed design engineering deliverables.
- Create detailed design deliverables via CAD and other methods.