Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2023
About Smart Joules
- Smart Joules is a leader in energy efficiency services with a unique business model that delivers assured savings to its customers
- It is an early stage agile, fast-growing company funded by some of the large investors like Asian Development Bank, TATA Capital, Sangam Ventures, Max Industries, Intelleventures, Mr.Saket Burman (Dabur Family), Mr. Nadir Godrej and 5 angel investors
- 35% reduction on total energy consumption across all its clients till date, equivalent to the annual consumption of more than 15 Lakh avg. Indian households
- 1,13,254+ metric tons of annual CO2-eq. emissions reduction from existing projects
- Saved more than INR 133 Crore of energy
- Some of its clients includes renowned companies like Apollo, Fortis, CARE, KIMS, Aster, Amneal and LMW
- It has presence across 25+ cities throughout India & 1 international partnership in Indonesia
- Some Recognitions include: Champion of Change recognition from the Prime Minister's Office & Niti Aayog, 10+ National Awards from Ministry of Power & CII, International Award from German Energy Ministry, Multiple international grants and fellowships, 35+ media coverages
- JoulePAYS: Pay-as-you-save model offering guaranteed energy savings with 0 CapEx and 0 risk for existing buildings and factories
- JouleCOOL: Cooling-as-a-service (build-own-operate-maintain-analyse-optimize) model offering sustainable, convenient, quality and economical cooling for new buildings
- DeJoule: IoT platform technology with hardware and software to continuously identify and automatically eliminate operational energy wastage
- This recent 5-minute pitch about the business
- This interview with Govind explaining our business
- This podcast with Forbes discussing our business and growth plans
- This video calling out to the type of people we are looking for and this one relating to our mission
- Our website and LinkedIn page have additional information
Smart Joules has achieved
For more details, see:
Why should you be a part of Smart Joules?
- 4X Individual Growth: Very ambitious and goal driven management and team which targets to grow 318 times in next 7-8 years. If you are part of such a team, you will have to grow 4 times.
- Market Leaders: The market leader in their business segment in India and soon in the world
- Contribute to Environment: You contribute to the environment and society as a whole by being a part of journey to prevent 29 million tons of CO2eq emissions before 2030 by making energy saving simple, substantial and profitable for large buildings and factories
- Develop Entrepreneurial Skills: Empowers Each Team Member with a Sense of Ownership, Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit, Get Shit Done, Maintain a High Level of Transparency and Honesty, Be Passionate, Determined and Bold, Pursue Growth and Learning, Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-minded
- Develop Cross Functional Skills: You work across multidisciplinary teams and hence, develop your skills across various domains
- Stable Business: Although fast growing, Smart Joules is stable with revenue locked in for 7-10 years with highly credit-worthy clients for whom we create disproportionate ongoing value.
- Profitable: Company is profitable and more than doubled in last year. Moreover, in the COVID times also it gave increments to its employees.
About the Role: Sr. Design Engineer
- Responsible for leading the Central Design team to identify, assess, select and formulate ECMs that can deliver min 20% savings at each JoulePAYS client site. The work includes maintaining an ECM Book for each site, designing ECM Notes, Design Qualifications, Techno-Commercial comparisons, and Monthly Savings. Projections for each selected ECM, and continuously identifying, assessing, and innovating new ways of saving energy.
- Reporting to: Design Lead - HVAC
- Individual contributor
|JoulePAYS Project (Brown Field):||
|Technical Skills (Green Field Projects)||
Skills & Experience Required
|Skill & Behaviour /Experience required||Requirement Detail|
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Mechanical Engineering / Energy Engineering / Electrical Engineering.|
|Skills & Behaviour||