Design Manager - Textile Industry
Someone Somewhere is a lifestyle brand defined by the principles of freedom and goodwill. We create fashion products that are great for the people who wear them and the people who make them, by joining forces with indigenous communities and incorporating their high-quality designs on awesome products that match their travel lifestyle.
We are looking for a Design Manager to help lead the design process from start to finish, who partners with cross functional teams from product design to commercialization of product. You will use AI, Adobe Illustrator, and hand draw to design and develop new products with the guidance from our Design Lead. AI will be a key tool to reduce closing sales times for prospective value chain customers. This role will design bags, accessories, apparel, and other unique product classifications that fulfill value chain and DTC requests/needs. A key design objective is to integrate both sustainable materials and artisan handmade interventions into each product.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly organized, creative, passionate, and enthusiastic someone to be involved in a fast-growing innovative brand that seeks to break the poverty cycle of thousands of artisans.
What You Will Do:
- Utilize AI, Adobe Illustrator, and hand draw to design and develop new value chain and DTC products
- AI design will be an essential tool to reduce closing sales times.
- Solely lead, manage, and inspire design team from Oct 10, 2023 – Jan 10, 2024.
- Design project management
- Develop ideas for new products on solving the needs for our value chain and DTC customers; based on analyzing selling, knowing the DNA of the brand, and research data.
- Study the competition and research current trends to determine consumers present and future needs
- Support product development (PD) team to create product patterns for manufacturing at scale
- Support PD + Sourcing team to test and decide on fabrics, colors, patterns, and textures for each design
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with artisanal designers for increased handcraft integration and improvement of product quality
- Lead Time & Action (TAC) meetings on Monday mornings with Design Lead.
- Partner with cross functional teams from product design concepts to commercialization of product
- Guide the team in the overall direction and methodology behind the work and ensure it meets our brand standards and guidelines
Who You Are:
- HIGHLY organized. Sets clear priorities and plans.
- Excellent project manager. Ensuring quick, on time, and high quality.
- Change management. Constantly improving processes for best end results.
- Strong decision making and leadership skills.
- Professional rigor and effective communication
- Entrepreneurial mentality.
- Superior knowledge of design principles
- Always considers the social and environmental impact in decision making.
- Extensive design experience in bags + accessories
- Excellent creativity with a good sense of style
- Knowledge of bag and accessory technology
- Experience in product development from design concept to commercialization of product
- Master’s degree in fashion design or industrial preferred.
- Ability to work in a growing, fast paced start-up environment
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Strong technology skills with Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other computer-aided fashion design applications and digital visualization tools
- Ability to integrate best practices, processes, and structure from extensive experience within design and product development space
- Bilingual: English (100%) Spanish (100%)
- PLUS: Experience and passion for integrating artisanal skills into modern fashion product
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please send your resumé and Book in PDF format to email@example.com