Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Production Operator
Purpose of the Role
As a Production and Inventory Control Operator you will follow instructions to build and assemble Svante pre-production and production units. You will actively participate in Svante 5S and continuous improvement (Kaizen) programs. You have strong ability to recognize deficiencies and inform the Team Lead when they occur.
As an Operator you may also be requested to carry out our Inventory control (Kanban) and TPM activities. The Operator is fully empowered to halt production if any safety, quality issue or discrepancy is identified.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have 2+ years of hands-on mechanical assembly experience.
- You have minimum equipment operating skills – mainly hand-tools.
- You are proficient in Office software such as Word and Excel.
- You are able to create documentation.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Machine/mechanical assembly courses are an asset.
- Experience in and passion for a lean manufacturing environment an asset.
What Success looks like in this role
- You successfully perform assembly, test and inspection operations to build schedules according to released operating instructions.
- You are able to prepare raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- You successfully assist in the trouble shooting and improvement of processes – Kaizen.
- You are able to conduct procedures within health and safety guidelines, informs Team Lead of deficiencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.