Chemical Failure Mode Scientist
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Role: Chemical Failure Mode Scientist
Purpose of the Role
As a Chemical Failure Mode Scientist (CFMS) at Svante, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the stability and performance of our core technologies. You will analyze data and collaborate with our characterization team and external partners to assess the chemical stability of our core technologies and its impact on process performance.
You will be responsible for creating and executing on a comprehensive chemical lifetime program, working closely with other scientists (e.g., Mechanical Failure Mode Scientist) and specialists (e.g. Data Integration Specialist) to develop a thorough understanding of our core technologies lifetimes.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have completed a Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in chemical analysis and failure mode analysis.
- You are proficiency in understanding the pathways and kinetics of degradation of organic and inorganic materials, and its application to product development and material selection.
- You have a strong understanding of material properties and behavior.
- You bring experience with various analytical characterization techniques such as TGA, DSC, DVS, XRD, SEM, EDS, IC, MS, FTIR, etc.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications
- You have knowledge in gas adsorption and separation.
What Success looks like in this role
- You will assess and analyze Svante's core technologies chemical stability to identify potential failure modes and impact on process performance.
- You develop, implement, and execute test plans and test methods in collaboration with the characterization team.
- You analyze and manage all relevant data related to the chemical lifetime of Svante's core technologies.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve chemical stability issues.
- You prepare technical reports, and provide technical support and recommendations to R&D and Product teams to improve product quality and performance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.