Failure Analysis Materials Scientist
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Role: Failure Analysis Materials Scientist
Purpose of the Role
As a Failure Analysis Materials Scientist, you will play a crucial role in aggregating mechanical and chemical stability data from multiple platforms into a cohesive dataset, allowing the optimization our core technologies.
You will oversee lifetime testing at the demonstration scale, and work closely with the chemical and mechanical failure mode analysis teams to correlate results at both demonstration and laboratory scales. Your multidisciplinary expertise, combined with your ability to effectively manage complex programs, will be critical to your success in this role.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You possess a minimum of 5-8 years of experience with failure analysis techniques, such as root cause analysis or failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) to identify and address failure mechanisms.
- You’ve acquired a BSc. in integrated engineering, materials science, or related fields.
- You are experienced with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI), statistical analysis tools (e.g., R, Python), and machine learning tools (e.g., Scikit-learn, TensorFlow).
- You’ve previously demonstrated expertise in effective program management, with the ability to oversee and prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and initiatives.
- You have working experience with Lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications
- You have knowledge in gas adsorption and separation an asset.
What Success looks like in this role
- You integrate chemical and mechanical stability data from different platforms into a cohesive dataset.
- You manage and analyze data from product autopsies to assess product lifetime and failure modes.
- You will identify trends in product failures and propose solutions to optimize product lifetime and performance.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for design improvements.
- You develop and maintain data integration and analysis tools.
- You communicate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.