Mechanical Test Engineer
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Who are you?
As the Mechanical Test Engineer, you will contribute to physical testing investigations completed within the Product Group. You will be involved in investigations, definition, and development of new testing infrastructure for the development of the Rotary Adsorption Machine (RAM) and Structured Adsorbent Bed (SAB) ‘filter’ products. While maintaining safety and test data integrity, you will design, develop, program, procure, build, commission, calibrate, and operate the test equipment and systems.
Working within the framework of Svante Values and Goals you will report data pertaining to test investigations carried out. This will include maintaining full lifecycle documentation including but not limited to: requirements defined at inception, design/build documentation, purchasing documentation, commissioning, calibration, operation and data acquired. This data and documentation will be controlled and catalogued for the benefit of the company.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have 5 to 10 years experience in product or material testing.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You are registered, or eligible to be registered with EGBC as an EIT or P.Eng.
- You have strong mechanical design experience and skillset.
- You have an excellent grasp of first principles in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- You are able to design and commission rotating equipment, and piping layouts.
- You have hands-on experience building and implementing automated test equipment preferably in an industry associated with the flow of gases.
- You have experience using Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience with PLC programming.
- You have a thorough understanding of instrumentation, control automation and steam-based systems.
What Success Looks like in this role:
- You will support the Product group through design, fabrication, and commissioning of test equipment to ensure it is safe and fit for purpose.
- You will procure all the necessary tools and materials required for fabrication, assembly, and testing processes.
- You will execute assigned tests, ensuring all procedures and safety practices are followed while delivering quality data to the internal customers in a timely manner.
- You will maintain and make available proper documentation of test equipment, results, and data in the correct locations.
- You will troubleshoot any issues that arise with the test equipment and perform preventative maintenance tasks where possible. This includes identifying and resolving equipment malfunctions, calibrating instruments, and ensuring the proper functioning of the testing apparatus.
- You will actively contribute to the development of new test equipment and collaborate with the engineering team to provide input, suggest improvements, and help validate the effectiveness of new testing systems.
- You will contribute ideas, suggestions, and efforts to enhance efficiency, optimize processes, reduce waste thereby actively participating in Svante's Lean culture by engaging in daily improvements.
- You will collaborate with the engineering team to maintain a safe and clean fabrication shop and testing center. This may involve implementing safety protocols, conducting regular inspections, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.