Chemical Analysis Specialist
Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we’re on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We’re a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that’s going to change the world, you’ve come to the right place.
Who are you?
As the Chemical Analysis Specialist, you will participate in our current characterization efforts by conducting laboratory experiments (sample preparation, extraction, other treatments), operating a growing number of lab instruments, data analysis and reporting.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a PhD/M.Sc. degree in chemistry or a related field.
- You have 3-5 years of working experience in labs preferably as an analytical chemistry or materials characterization.
- You have hands-on experience with wet chemistry and sample preparation.
- You have understanding and experience in solid state characterization, interface study, mechanism, and kinetics of organic/inorganic reactions are assets.
- You have experience in operando, in-situ, or online monitoring of reactions using different spectroscopies.
- You demonstrate experience and knowledge in some of the characterization techniques such as (chromatography, FTIR, microscope FTIR, XRD, IC, MS, Raman, Solid/Liquid NMR, etc.).
- You have knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques for chemical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- You are proficient in QC criteria monitoring in analytical chemistry set.
What success looks like in this role:
- You will characterize slurry, laminate, powder, extractives, and raw materials using a growing number of analytical instruments and perform scientific data analysis and interpretation.
- You will conduct literature survey related to characterization, mechanism, and kinetic study of variable factors impacting materials lifetime.
- You will generate detailed laboratory reports summarizing trackable results, method development efforts, and critical communications.
- You will play a role in gathering knowledge and developing innovative characterization techniques for sorbent screening/qualification.
- You will participate in method development & optimization and experimental uncertainty analysis.
- You will support other research, product development, prototyping and manufacturing, teams as required.
- You will prepare documents such as technical reports, SOPs, and presentations.
- You will carry out other related tasks and projects as required within chemistry context.
- You will maintain instruments and equipment on a regular basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.