Mechanical Engineering Technologist - Field Service
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Purpose of the role:
As a Mechanical Engineering Technologist – Field Service (MET-FS), you will be responsible for on-site installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of company products. When not required on site, you will assist with the creation of service documentation, procedures, manuals. You will work autonomously and in small teams to perform maintenance service of various products and provide customer feedback. Extensive travel is required.
Supported by the Service Engineering Lead (SEL) and RAM Product Leaders (RPLs), you will service and maintain Svante products including communication of technical information to technical and non-technical contacts and absorbing their feedback on related issues. You will support plant operations by responding to requests for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair. You will also provide feedback on any problems and recommend potential improvements.
Together with the SEL and RPLs, you will define standard documents, tools, and data collection methods to determine the root cause of any performance shortfalls as well as determination of appropriate intervals for routine maintenance and replacement of machine wear components.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have Mechanical Engineering Technologist or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in commissioning, maintaining, or installing related equipment.
- You have at least 2 years of Project Management experience.
- You have experience with 8D Root Cause Analysis.
- You have experience with SolidWorks and CREO software.
What will success look like in this role:
- You successfully oversee maintenance of products on customer sites.
- You have the ability to conduct tests to ensure the product is working correctly.
- You train customers on machine service successfully.
- You have the ability to work closely with product development, production, and product management teams to continually improve products and practices.
- You successfully create and update documentation of installations and specifications, maintain technical and customer documents.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.