Associate Plant Process Engineer
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Purpose of the role:
As an Associate Plant Process Engineer, you will be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways and collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally.
As a Junior Process Engineer, your primary customer will be project engineering team members. This may include projects related to improving performance, sensitivity analysis, heat integration options, process flow diagram preparation and process simulations to name a few. You will become intimately familiar with our technology and process team workflow allowing you to drive integration and high-level improvements to the process.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a B.Eng. or M.Sc. Chemical Engineering.
- You have 0 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- You have the ability to occasional international and domestic travel.
- You are familiar with using ASPEN Hysys simulation tool.
- You have proven skills with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience in communicating with vendors
What will success look like in this role:
- You successfully perform process simulations.
- You have the ability to prepare heat and Mass balance and Process Flow Diagrams.
- You successfully perform sensitivity analysis and evaluate different heat integration options on capital cost and operational cost.
- You participate in the selection, sizing and costing of process equipment for new opportunity implementation.
- You have the ability to provide support for the preparation of proposals, studies and technical evaluation reports.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.