Terviva India Pvt Limited
Position: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Procurement Head
Salary range- 15-30 LPA
Job Type: Full-Time
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PREFERRED
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Primarily responsible for providing all requisite technical inputs and support to model creation and field scale interventions with internal and external customers in the domain of distribution, availabilities, procurement strategy and processing feasibilities of Pongamia beans in India. The primary focus of this position is to roll out technical interventions and build technical capacities of stakeholders – viz. Community resource persons, farmers, self-help groups, supply and processing partners. He will be responsible to manage and execute the forecasts for feedstock procurement and ensure that timelines are effectively followed to meet the purchase requirements of the business in national level. To efficiently manage stocks in terms of volume and cost and manage risk associated with current market conditions to ensure security of supply. To maintain and improve quality, developing company’s brand, and strengthening the link between TerViva and bean gatherers/ suppliers/ partners in all the potential states of India.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the procurement of Pongamia pods, beans & other value added products.
- Identification of potential bean cluster area in different states with the historical procurement statistics.
- Planning and coordination with field functionaries for pre-harvest position of Pongamia beans through visits and updates from potential bean gatherers & suppliers.
- Work closely with the government departments like forest, tribal welfare and agriculture for facilitate the procurement and logistics planning of the produce.
- He will support regional procurement staffs, logistic persons and certifying agencies during and after the procurement season.
- Manage and execute forecasts for feedstock procurement for each season based on company’s annual demand forecast, to ensure supply security and timelines.
- Monitor contracts/ purchase orders against requirements by product, quality, blend, by month, by Supplier Group, resolving any issues that arise.
- Developing rapport with the bean supply agencies and bean processing industries for achieving desired goals on a long term basis.
- Be commercially minded when negotiating quality differentials and price in order to obtain best deal for TerViva and suppliers.
- Support TerViva’s price risk strategy by providing timely and important market information.
- Proactively manage feedstock to ensure efficient stock levels at any time depending on latest supply and demand.
Partnership with Bean Gatherers/Suppliers/ Partners
- Lead and organise pre-season Pongamia market survey and business updates for all gatherer/ supplier/ partner groups prior to season’s harvest
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges faced by the pod gatherers, gather systematic supplier feedback, and represent their interests
- Meeting with bean gatherers/suppliers/ Partners regularly in their locations and ensure high quality information flows between their organisations and TerViva
- Constantly assess harvests, demand in origin from other markets, and local knowledge, including significant environmental, political and economic factors which may impact the planning process
- Seek requisite technical inputs and understanding from technical specialists of TerViva Inc. to promote best practices for procurement, handling and processing of beans in India.
- Undertake mobilization training session with the bean gatherers and support staffs as per the training calendar and be responsible of for implementation of company’s procurement policies with active support from higher authorities.
- Working under administrative guidance of the Sr. Vice President
- Understanding issues and problems faced in the field, aggregate and seek advice from senior colleagues as per requirement.
- To ensure technical support for quality assurance and quality check of the entire purchase and export quantities of beans.
- Provide Quality Control management services for pre- and post-shipment sampling to ensure consistency of raw material quality to meet TerViva’s standards
- Assist in the development of quality enhancement programs for bean gatherers/suppliers/ partners in order to achieve consistent quality, reliability in supply (continuity), in the context of forest/ environmental sensitivities
- To ensure that the target number of potential areas are developed through regular interaction with the technical authorities of government, technical institutions and relevant industries.
Minimizing Environmental Impact
- Drawing experience at origin and at point of feedstock procurement, encourage environment friendly and efficient methods of procurement of Pongamia pods/beans.
- Work with villagers to encourage environmentally sustainable production, support suppliers to strengthen the positive impact they have on the environment, and to use these actions to bolster their livelihoods.
- Be accountable for timely accomplishment of responsibilities under his thematic operational area line items with respect to the bean procurement and export and other work areas.
- Raise purchase requests in consultation with the supervisors, for products and services deemed necessary towards undertaking prior approved budgeted activities.
- Support USA team and associates in designing the procurement and logistic plans and sourcing best technical expertise as and when required.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager as per company’s requirement.
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep understanding of Procurement of Agricultural & Forest produce
- Technical Degree or equivalent e.g.: Master degree in Agroforestry/ Agriculture/ Forestry with Business Management.
- Experience of working in a large project and as part of a diverse team desirable.
- Experience in supporting and handholding farmers in adopting and adapting to best practices and new products.
- Familiarity with all the agro-climatic conditions of India.
- Strong facilitation/ training and communication skills
- Willingness to learn from and replicate best practices from elsewhere.
- Financial Knowledge
- Price Risk Management
- International Business
- Futures and Options in the Agro market
- Experience working with Smallholder producers, suppliers, and wholesalers, at origin
- Project management skills
- Passion for Agriculture & Forestry
- Understanding of tribal development and gender dimensions within climate smart agriculture and MFP procurement domains.
- Ability to work in a team and build capacity and connect to community stakeholders.
- Commercially Minded – keen to grow business (purchase, market share, profits)
- Ability to deliver innovative, creative solutions
- Communicates with impact
- Compassionate and respectful of all people
- Comfortable operating in a changing world, without clear structures, policies, and procedures
- Challenging - of business/partners to secure what we need to deliver
- Dynamic – relentless in pursuit of KPI delivery, acting with pace and urgency
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Results-focused – Proactive-Takes the initiative- Doesn’t need ‘managing’
- Language skills (Spoken):
- English (Must)
- Hindi (Good to know. Basic level is acceptable)
Other regional languages (Good to know. Basic level is acceptable)
• A role model who exerts positive influence on those around him/her.
• Self-motivated and curious with a bias for action.
• Comfortable driving excellence and learning new approaches.
• A passion for Terviva’s mission.
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential 10% annual bonus
- Medical and insurance coverage
- Generous leave package
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and so we need employees to be flexible about their Roles, Responsibilities and flexibility in place of working.
Working at Terviva offers you:
Hybrid work model that supports a blend of in-office & remote Five day work week
Potential Global Exposure
Autonomy to work
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
- Remote interview process will be followed.
- Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
- Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
- Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
- To apply, please respond to the company position below.
- Please include your resume and a great cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, disability or handicap (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics ), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our executive team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.