Process Engineer I (Downstream Process Development)
The EVERY Company
EVERY™, based in Daly City, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
The Downstream Engineer I will be an integral member of our downstream process development team. We are a start-up environment and the right person in this position can expand beyond this opportunity as you continue to grow within the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a growing team environment, solve unique problems, leverage their existing knowledge in downstream operations and develop new skills.
- Perform various unit operations such as TFF, depth filtration, continuous centrifugation, chromatography, pasteurization and different purification/separation processes.
- Run scale-down and scale-up experiments to bench and pilot scale and assist troubleshooting the CMO operation.
- Run analytical instruments for quantification such as moisture analysis, protein analysis.
- Collect and process samples for products of interest.
- Design of experiments, analysis and reporting of data to enable appropriate interpretation and follow up experiments.
- Identify and report opportunities for improvement and assist to implement as needed.
- Proactively communicate information through appropriate verbal and written means and actively participate in meetings.
- Understand and follow department and corporate guidelines, compliance and safety rules and procedures related to duties.
- Perform other reasonably related duties not expressly written in this job description as may be assigned from time to time.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline, with 2-5 years of industry experience; MS with 1+ years of industry experience.
- Practical experience with and theoretical knowledge of traditional processing unit operations including TFF, depth filtration, continuous centrifugation, and chromatography.
- Prior experience in following and updating SOPs, batch records, and technical plans/reports is desired.
- Ability to travel internationally to CMOs may be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, across all levels of the organization.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART
Pay Range: $87,467 - $96,022
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.