Chief of Staff
The EVERY Company
EVERY™ is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company and market leader using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change-makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
EVERY™ is seeking a Chief of Staff to the CEO who is adaptable, fast-paced, business-savvy, and a strategic communicator. The Chief of Staff is responsible for ensuring the Office of the CEO delivers against its goals. In partnership with the CEO’s Sr. Executive Assistant, the Chief of Staff will not only ensure the CEO delivers against his priorities, but also manage end-to-end workstreams and Special Projects. The Chief of Staff will be heavily involved in fundraising efforts, and responsible for investor relations and Board of Directors management. This role serves as a strategic thought partner to the CEO on all company matters, and must be able to readily pivot to new priorities that enter the fold. Qualitatively, the Chief of Staff must also have high EQ as the role requires cross-functional facilitation between myriad internal and external relationships. This person must also not be afraid to push for clarity when tasks/workstreams are ambiguous, and even be aggressive/assertive internally to push for timely delivery of materials from other parts of the organization.
What you'll accomplish
- Maintain strong relations with and manage Board of Directors comms with the CEO. Attend, take notes, capture follow-ups, and prepare the CEO for all monthly 1-1 check-ins with Directors. Manage end-to-end planning, content-creation, stakeholder management, and execution of all board meetings. Engage as a thought-partner to the CEO on governance implications as necessary.
- Manage relationships with all existing investors. Compile and send quarterly updates to investors with information rights. Includes inbound requests and proactive sending cadence. Accountable party for ensuring successful office visits from existing investors, including coordination of tastings, setting agenda, and briefing the CEO on previous contact and goals for the meeting. Work with VP of Finance to ensure accurately reflected cap table after any changes are approved in duly noted Board meetings.
- Successfully engage new investors. Own EVERY’s external-facing investor presentations and update it accordingly as the company achieves milestones. Coordinate tastings, tour, and agenda for in-person meetings; agenda for virtual meetings. Brief the CEO on goals for each meeting, including any presentation materials. Keep up-to-date tracker of all contacts with all potential investors.
- Execution of Special Projects. End-to-end ownership of projects that have no clear functional home at the company. Examples include: Primary POC for engagement with reputable nonprofit; Egg market pricing diligence by egg type (organic, cage-free, etc.)
- Office of the CEO Day-to-Day Management. Work with Sr. Executive Business Partner to ensure CEO’s priorities are worthwhile, and accelerate all items that can move without the CEO’s direct attention (e.g., quick email replies). Sr. Executive Business Partner is responsible for the CEO’s calendar, but the Chief of Staff is the strategic lens in the Office of the CEO to ensure that the calendar “makes sense” including suggesting adjustments to the calendar, proposing meetings that should happen, and capturing CEO requests for meetings. Assist the Sr. Executive Business Partner in responding to ad-hoc requests to the CEO in both internal and external contexts.
What you bring (required)
- Minimum of a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- 3+ years of relevant management consulting or investment banking experience, or another fast-paced environment such as leadership at an early-stage start-up.
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint, Google Slides and data visualization
- Comfort with modeling & Excel
- Outstanding track record of operational excellence, proficiency, creativity, and effective
- The ability to inspire colleagues, deliver results, and respond quickly in a shared-
- mission start-up company.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills required to
- communicate to business and lay external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple objectives in parallel with various cross-
- functional executive team members.
- Ability to upward-manage and influence without explicit authority.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- MBA or related advanced degree.
- Familiarity with alternative protein and food-tech ecosystem
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff to a business executive
- Exposure to venture capital and cap table management, start-up financings & terms
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $135,000 - $165,000 + Stock Options and Benefits
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.