Software QA Analyst
The Plastic Bank
Software QA Analyst
Working within the digital team the successful candidate will contribute to the continual improvement of our web and digital properties in an agile environment. Our digital team works on a wide range of web applications for external and internal use in a global multilingual environment.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to grow. You are a proactive problem solver with a background in web design and development, an eye for detail, and a strong need to make things better. You have the ability to understand the technical and functional requirements of the project scope, see the possibilities in a mockup, identify gaps, and document issues to improve both the plan and the final product. It is not enough to build what was planned but we need someone who can identify where our plan improves and identify and document what is needed in the next iteration. You should have a strong foundation in web technologies so that you can talk to both developers and designers, troubleshoot, solve problems, and know where to look for solutions.
- Execute design, feature, and bug fix testing for web applications
- Identify, document, and track functional & usability defects found during testing.
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed.
- Improve testing and development processes using various automation techniques.
- Ensure the deliverable meets the requirements and that the requirements correctly address the need.
- Develop test scenarios and test cases
- Develop processes and procedures to improve the overall quality and usability of the platform.
- Has good analytical intellect and problem-solving skills
- Has attention to detail
- Self-motivated, driven and a 'go-getter' with skillful problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong passion for reducing ocean pollution, alleviating poverty and growing Plastic Bank's mission into a phenomenal global movement
- Has good English communication skills to interact with the global team
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Web Testing & QA
- Experience with App and Web testing.
- Experience with QA automation tools - Selenium, Appium and HTML/CSS/JS skills is a great asset
- Knowledge of QA procedures and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot Web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira/Confluence) an asset.