We want to make the world a better place. We want healthier lives, no animal cruelty, and the planet to be used for the betterment of society. This is TurtleTree’s mission. We are creating world-class food products for these purposes, and now we need a world-class team to push that vision. Come work with scientists, creatives, strategists, and amplify an amazing vision out to the world.
TurtleTree is home to a truly global collective of some of food-tech’s and Biotech's brightest talent. We are explorers, dreamers, and innovators, all different in our own ways but united by a singular desire to change the world for the better.
As part of Team Turtle, you will be empowered to think, act, and lead in an environment that thrives on healthy differences of opinion. You will be celebrated as an individual, even within a whole that exceeds the sum of its parts. Above all, you will start and end each day with work that matters, that often feels like play, and that genuinely expresses a social conscience you can take pride in.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Finance Associate to join our team. The Finance Associate will support the finance department in various financial and administrative tasks, ensuring accurate record-keeping, assisting with financial analysis, and handling administrative duties. The ideal candidate should have at least 2+ years of experience in accounting methods, possess strong organisational skills, and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s how we will partner with you:
- Financial Data Entry: Accurately record financial transactions in the company's accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Invoice and Expense Management: Process vendor invoices and employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies and timely payment.
- Bank Reconciliations: Perform regular bank and credit card reconciliations to ensure accurate and up-to-date financial records.
- Financial Reporting Support: Assist in the preparation of financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Financial Compliance: Help ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Administrative Support: Provide administrative assistance to the finance team, including organising meetings, managing calendars, and handling correspondence.
- Record Keeping: Maintain organised and up-to-date financial records and documentation.
- Vendor and Supplier Coordination: Liaise with vendors and suppliers to obtain necessary financial information and resolve any payment-related issues.
- Expense Control: Assist in identifying cost-saving opportunities and participate in expense control initiatives.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in accounting methods, financial analysis, or related finance roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance is a plus.
- Experience with Google Workspace would be a plus.