Director of Engineering
Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 2, 2023
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
We’re looking for an experienced and mission-driven Director of Engineering to grow and lead our engineering organization. The role will report directly to the CTO and join Via Separations' leadership team. You will be responsible for developing and leading a highly motivated group of engineers covering multiple disciplines, for refining Via’s industrial systems to meet our customers needs, and contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
- Lead a talented and multidisciplinary team of engineers as they design and build the first commercial installations of a new technology at the thousands of gallons per minute scale.
- Drawing on proven technology, define and drive the design of Via’s industrial processes to meet customer and business objectives.
- Interface with & support customers across industries, starting with Via’s pulp & paper solution, ensuring we meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure design and engineering processes incorporate best safety, documentation, and design practices.
- Communicate cross-functionally across teams, organizations, and internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- You have prior experience leading engineering groups at the Director level or above in an industrial, manufacturing, or process environment
- You love people management, industrial technology and setting the vision for an engineering organization.
- You have experience developing and coaching team members and are ready to build out a mature engineering organization.
- You have brought a novel technology to commercial scale and been a leader on rapidly growing team(s) tackling hard technical challenges.
- You have been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Some travel may be required
- US work authorization is required for this role
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 12 weeks paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 15 days of annual PTO
- 15 days paid company holidays
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
See more open positions at Via Separations
Something looks off?