Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
As a Lab Technician, you will have the opportunity to work alongside scientists and engineers from different teams to test new materials. You will be responsible for operating our custom filtration units and analyzing samples using a variety of analytical equipment. This work will directly support company goals in areas of membrane fabrication and characterization.
- Prepare samples for experimental studies
- Operate high pressure filtration test units
- Execute sample analysis using a variety of characterization equipment
- Troubleshoot instrument performance issues and clearly communicate issues to engineers
- Perform lab duties such as equipment calibration, cleaning, and inventory management
- Implement ongoing safety programs and help drive a clean & safe work environment.
- Ability to work weekend shifts
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or a similar field or equivalent work experience as a lab technician.
- Hands-on lab skills and safe-lab practices are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be: organized & detail-oriented, adaptable, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, team-oriented, and love to troubleshoot and think critically.
- U.S. Work authorization is required for this role.
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 12 weeks paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 15 days of annual PTO
- 15 days paid company holidays
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
See more open positions at Via Separations
Something looks off?