Engineering Systems Technician
Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
As an Engineering Systems Technician, you will have the opportunity to work alongside scientists and engineers from different teams to run unique high pressure filtration equipment. You will be responsible for operating our custom filtration units and analyzing samples using a variety of analytical equipment. This work will directly support company goals in areas of membrane fabrication and characterization.
- Operate high pressure filtration test equipment
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of high pressure filtration test equipment
- Troubleshoot performance issues and clearly communicate issues to engineers
- Prepare samples for experimental studies
- Execute sample analysis using a variety of characterization equipment
- Perform lab duties such as equipment calibration, cleaning, and inventory management
- Comply with Company, local, state, and federal safety and health regulations
- Ability to work weekend shifts
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED with 3+ years of field or equivalent work experience as a lab technician/operator.
- Hands-on skills and safe practices are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be: organized & detail-oriented, adaptable, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, team-oriented, and love to troubleshoot and think critically.
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- U.S. Work authorization is required for this role
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 12 weeks paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 15 days of annual PTO
- 15 days paid company holidays
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.