Key Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
As a Key Account Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving growth and expanding our business in new industry verticals and contexts. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will be responsible for managing key accounts, nurturing customer relationships, and identifying new business opportunities to maximize revenue. This position requires a strategic mindset, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and a deep understanding of heavy industrial environments. You will collaborate closely with the commercialization team to develop effective strategies and ensure successful deal closures.
- Manage key accounts and develop strong, long-term relationships with customers to maximize revenue and drive customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the commercialization team to develop and implement account strategies, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities within key accounts and industry verticals, leveraging market insights and understanding customer needs.
- Drive the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to contract negotiation and deal closure, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Conduct thorough account analysis, including identifying growth potential, competitive landscape, and market trends to develop tailored solutions for clients.
- Proactively address customer concerns, issues, and escalations, working closely with internal teams to ensure prompt resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and competitive landscape to provide strategic recommendations and insights to internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations, proposals, and business reviews to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development and marketing, to drive product enhancements and go-to-market strategies.
- Track and report key account metrics, sales pipeline, and revenue forecasts to senior management on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Proven track record in a key account management or business development role, preferably in the climate tech, heavy industry, or a related field.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of sales and account management principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully closing complex deals and negotiating contracts.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data to drive informed decision-making.
- Customer-focused mindset with a passion for delivering exceptional service and building long-term relationships.
- Proficiency in CRM software and other relevant sales and account management tools.
- You must be: organized & detail-oriented, adaptable, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, team-oriented, and love to troubleshoot and think critically.
- U.S. Work authorization is required for this role.
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.