Research & Development Co-Op - Spring 2024
Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
You will have the opportunity to join a hard-working and quickly growing team, and have an immediate impact within a young company. You will be part of a team that creates formulations and membranes to contribute towards the manufacturing and R&D goals of the company. You will characterize new chemicals to be integrated into our process. You will plan and execute experiments, analyze data, and have the opportunity to assist in decision making that affects manufacturing. You will also contribute to long-term R&D efforts to scale-up next generation membranes through research and experimentation.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Coursework in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, biology, or similar field
- Previous co-op experience in relevant discipline required; minimum 2 semesters or equivalent wet lab experience; lab-based coursework
- Experience working with analytical instruments such as: TGA, FTIR, SEM, UV-Vis is an asset
- A strong ability to manage time and quickly shifting priorities
- A desire to be independent and support projects
- Excellent data management skills and cleanliness in shared work environment
- Experience with statistical analysis is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with long-term projects
- A strong technical ability to learn about new processes
- A clear interest in sustainability
- US work authorization is required for this role
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.