Head of Product Management
Head of Product / Product Lead (Hardware & Software)
Airex is a climate tech company with a vision to end fuel poverty and combat climate change by providing pioneering, affordable smart home solutions. Our mission is to create warm and healthy homes for everyone in need. We have designed and manufactured the world's first smart air brick solution which empowers householders and landlords to reduce energy demand while managing air quality in homes. After a successful Series A funding round and successful product launch we are rolling out new physical and digital products to market - your role as Head of Product will therefore be crucial as we scale.
Airex is seeking its first-ever Head of Product/Product Lead – your responsibility will be defining the product vision and roadmap, as well as taking product ownership. In this early-stage development, you will be swift to get your head into the market, creating valuable new features, launching new products, getting to product market fit and go to market, understanding the customers and even supporting onboarding. In the journey, you will need to work out measures for success. You will be passionate about Airex's mission to combat fuel poverty and climate change and will have a demonstrated ability to lead product development efforts in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute, and communicate a clear product strategy that not only aligns with Airex's mission but also creates compelling and commercially sound customer propositions.
- Define, manage, and maintain the product roadmap/backlog that outlines the development and release of new features, improvements, and product iterations – driving customer value and growth.
- Drive the end-to-end product development process, from ideation through validation to launch and ongoing management.
- Act as the voice of the customer, ensuring the product meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. You will manage the product through its lifecycle through to launch, ensuring they are designed with compassion and simplicity in mind.
- Enhance our end-user experience by conducting in-depth customer research, market discovery, reviewing product accessibility, gaining actionable insights from similar products in the market. Seek feedback from users and make data-driven decisions.
- Research and analyse industry/market trends, technological advancements, user feedback and competitors to identify new product/market opportunities.
- Define and measure key product success metrics and use data and customer insights to continuously improve the product.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the business (engineering, operations, commercial/marketing, UX/UI) to capture valuable insights and ensure product alignment and execution.
- Uphold Airex's commitment to evidence-based claims and reliability. Work with researchers and industry experts to ensure that our products are built on a strong scientific foundation.
(NB. Please consider applying, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements described below)
- 8+ years experience in product roles - including some experience in product leadership roles.
- Experience with hardware & software products is advantageous (i.e. embedded electronics & IoT products).
- Significant experience building and shipping technical products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or significant relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of environmental sustainability and its integration into product development.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to simplify complex or technical content in a concise and accessible way.
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (engineering, operations, commercial) and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of smart home technologies and IoT solutions is advantageous.
- You have a passion for Airex's mission to combat fuel poverty and climate change.
- You are a self-motivated, team player who finds satisfaction in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- You create an environment to inspire, nurture creativity, challenge established mindsets, and identify industry best practices in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to work in challenging environments and make prompt decisions when needed/ challenges arrive, including trade-offs to hit delivery milestones.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thrive in ambiguity, you turn incomplete, conflicting, or early inputs into solid action plans.
- You truly enjoy engaging with customers, you are willing to become an "anthropologist" and work with users directly to build the right product(s).
- You are highly curious and always seek to understand new parts of a complex domain.
- Compassion: We are driven by a deep sense of compassion and social awareness, committed to making a positive social impact on people's lives.
- Simplicity: We value simplicity in design and function, believing that modern technology can enhance even the most basic objects.
- Reliability: We base our decisions and claims on solid scientific evidence and work with top researchers to build a better understanding of our field.
- Sustainability: We pursue environmental sustainability through our desire to fight climate change.
If you are passionate about Airex's mission, have a strong background in product development, and are ready to make a significant impact on the fight against fuel poverty and climate change, we encourage you to apply.
At AirEx we embrace diversity. We are committed to hiring the best talents regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or social background.