Staff Product Designer
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Your mission at Atlan 🏡
- Understand the domain, users, and technology of the product area(s) you work on deeply, and proactively understand the broader product.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and work on identifying, defining, and solving user experience issues that have the highest complexity and scope in the product.
- Own and mature the design processes at Atlan end to end - from concepts, user flows and wireframes to visuals, and shipping of the feature and impact validation - and design deliverables that raise the bar of craft and quality of Atlan’s user experience
- Participate in our design critique sessions and mentor designers across pods and help them benefit from your expertise and experience.
- Collaborate with the other designers and frontend team to create and maintain reusable design components and tokens, thus contributing to Atlan’s design system, components & asset library.
- Participate in recruiting - conducting portfolio reviews, whiteboard challenges, and contributing towards hiring related assets and establishing the brand of Atlan’s design team in the community.
- Help improve and evangelize the design culture within Atlan!
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- You enjoy learning continuously and can absorb complex domain-related concepts quickly and effectively. Databases, querying, lineage, etc will soon become the jargon you'll have to speak and understand to truly care for end users of Atlan. You'll stand out if you have a background in Computer Science or a fair understanding of the data ecosystem
- You bring at least 8+ years of experience in designing & shipping consumer-grade enterprise products or complex web applications that end users and customers love. Experience working in the data domain will be an added bonus.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design & strategy skills from concept to visual design execution
- You obsess over craft and love creating intuitive and beautiful products and experiences.
- You have worked in fast paced design teams in growth stage teams, and don’t shy away from taking initiative to mature existing processes, culture, and team rituals to build a world-class design team.
- You can communicate effectively and work autonomously - it will be much needed in a remote setup!
- You do not wait for instructions and guidelines but believe in taking end-to-end ownership of things - to do the right thing for our end users.
What you will get ⚽
- An environment where you’re surrounded by talented, driven and yet humble folks, focused on creating the best experience for data teams around the world
- Freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Ownership of a product module, its user experience and impact end to end in a product that is focused on becoming the home for data teams, just as Figma became the home for design teams and Github became the home for engineering teams
- Company of people that value our culture very highly - you’ll be inundated with books, learning recommendations, knowledge-sharing sessions and pictures of pets in their dedicated Slack channels! 🐕🐈
- Read more about our culture & values in Atlan’s culture handbook!