Technical Lead - Operability and Modelling (Italy)
We are looking for an Operability and Modelling Technical Lead to lead the development of the transient model and the definition of the operability strategies of our state-of-the-art electro-thermal grid-scale energy storage system. The Operability and Modelling Technical Lead will report to the Director of Control Systems Engineering. As the technical lead of the Operability and Modelling team, you will utilize your in depth process design skills to help deliver a highly automated power plant that will enable increased levels of renewables presence and utilization in electricity grids globally. You will lead a small group of Process and Model Engineers and coordinate the work with various engineering teams to deliver the operability strategies that will minimize lifecycle cost and maximize system performance of our product plant. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide guidance to the team in performing simulations of a state-of-the-art electrothermal grid scale energy storage system
- Lead the developing of the transient model and optimization of thermodynamic systems
- Coordinate team’s process design deliverables: description of processes/cycles, process narratives, operability requirements for the development of the controls algorithms
- Participating and contributing to design reviews and safety reviews (Hazid, Hazop, FMEA, etc.)
- Coordinate the team with multi-disciplinary team across the Engineering organization for the development of our plant design, from conceptual to detailed.
- Work closely with the Director of Control Systems Engineering to define priorities and development strategies
- MSc. in Chemical or Mechanical engineering, or related engineering disciplines.
- 20+ years of experience as process or modelling engineer
- Proficient in using Modelica language to develop thermodynamic transient models
- Proficient in using transient simulation software
- Have proven experience in process engineering leading a team in the execution of large industrial capital projects.
- Have experience working in a team involved in design and development of new products.
- Experience with people management in engineering roles
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical and root cause skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluency in English is essential.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-moving environment
- Deep passion for decarbonization of the global electricity grid
- Experience in closed loop thermodynamic cycles, with steam turbines, axial compressors, heat exchangers, and other balance of plant equipment associated with power generation
- Experience in EPC projects in the power industry will be considered preferential.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Competitive Salary, bonus and equity